Re: air pump

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: air pump
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 11:48:21 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Nina,

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Nina Barton wrote:

=%OHi, I have a 71 BGT and in the course of the last year I have replaced the
=%Ogulp valve, check valve, replaced the air pump, and installed a stainless
=%Oexhaust system.  My car has quit backfiring every time I push in the
=%Oclutch,

Well, mine never did THAT! I guess I should be happy and stop whining! ;)

 but it still pops when going down hills.  I'm afraid this may just
=%Obe a feature of our later model cars, because I can't figure out what else
=%Oto check which might be a contributing factor.  I've also had the carbs
=%Orebuilt, tune-up, etc.  If you figure it out, please tell me.

Yeah, I had the carbs rebuilt too- Jim Taylor from OK. He does a great
job. I bolted 'em on and passed smog right off!

=%ONina
=%O
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II