Re: Frozen brake slave cylinders

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: Frozen brake slave cylinders
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 07:35:49 EDT
Hi Dave,
  Last year in TSO was a tech note from a fellow with the same problem.
He filled the cylinders with as much oil as they would hold, then screwed
in a bolt to "compress" the oil. Since the oil is incompressible, the
pistons moved and broke free.
  Another approach is to modify/sacrifice a fitting so that you can put a
grease nipple in it, then pump the cylinder full of grease until the
piston moves.
Bob