Re: LBC Safety

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: LBC Safety
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:00:25 -0400
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Bob De Weese wrote:
> > If I'm sitting at a light and I see a (insert huge vehicle of choice,
> > here), bearing down in my rear view mirror, I think it would be a lot
> > easier to "bail" if I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
>
>   Well, bailing is of limited use unless you can get far
> away from the vehicle as well.

"Fear" is an extremely inspirational motivator.

>   Who wants to be standing 10 feet from the scene of a
> tractor trailer destroying an MG? Might be safer in
> the car.

A tractor trailer?!   It would roll over a B like a speed-bump.

> > barreling down I-95 and "shit happens" am I better off riding it out
> > along with the car, or would I be better off getting "spit out" _before_
> > the car hits the tree?.
>
>   I can't think of any situation where being airborne
> at highway speed is better than... well... anything.

On the contrary.  There have been many, many instances of accidents
where eveyone involved was killed except those who were "thrown clear"

Bobby
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *