The truth about wire wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The truth about wire wheels
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 23:52:21 -0700
Ok, I've converted my MGB to run on wire wheels.  My '77 had wires, but I only
drove
it a few times, and not for very long.  I'd like the skinny from someone who's
had
them for a few years, and the problems they ran into with them.  I've got about
12 or
13 used wheels, how many of these can I expect to be good?  How do wire wheels
handle
nog trips of about 10 hours?  What is the average cost of having these babies
tuned
and trued?  Any facts about these prolific rims would be appreciated.
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College