RE: The truth about wire wheels

To: "Phil Bates" <jello@dns.ida.net>, "Phil Bates" <jello@dns.ida.net>,
Subject: RE: The truth about wire wheels
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 97 03:03:51 UT
Phil,

There you go pointing out my poor choice of adjectives and taking issue with
my objectionable use of the word sharp to describe the usable condition of
used wheel splines.  How about we settle on "edges that are something less
than obtuse"?  And I thought I got away with it this time!!

While we're in such close proximity to the word obtuse let's reiterate that
Mike was talking about used wheels and not factory fresh ones.  As such can
one assume that the "wear a bit" has already occurred and searching for the
splines in "start out (without sharp edges)" condition (pronounced groves that
taper to narrow but flat peaks) is not going to lead anywhere other than
perhaps getting rid of a few wheels that still have another 50,000 plus miles
in them?  Cause, if this is the case then -  Mike, make sure the spline edges
have that certain "something less than obtuse" feeling/look.  However, if you
find one or two where the edges are in "start out " condition well, go and get
a lottery ticket as it will be a low probability event come true day and you
should capitalize on the good karma.

OK, I figure I'm pushing the envelope but I'm a risk taker.

Dr. Doug

Some 69 MGs huddled in the garage looking something less than obtuse.