Re: wire wheel balancing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: wire wheel balancing
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:47:17 +0100
>  It's true that the outside hub surface is not always perpindicular to
>the splines. The balancer needs to use a cone that fits to the wheel at
>surface, so that the balance will be around the center of the axle/spline
>assembly.

while we are on the topic of wire wheel balancing....... i just drove 50 miles
trying to find a tire place that would mount 4 new tires on my wire wheels.
everyone said that they wouldn't touch them and sent me on to the next guy
down the road. i finally found someone who said that they would do it, but
when he walked out and took a look at my car he said " i ain't never put tires
on them kinda wheels. what holds them on to the car??" he was a real nice
gentleman, and we had a nice long chat, but i really don't want him changing
my tires!!

has anyone had any luck with any of the tire chain stores?? or are there any
listees out there in the durham nc area who have found a good tire place that
will mount tires on wire wheels?

thanks

robert (spending way too much money on his car) weeks