Re: wire wheel balancing

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: wire wheel balancing
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:18:26 +0000
> Uh, excuse the ignorance, but what is a "bubble balancer" and how is it
> different from a regular wheel balancer?
>
> -NORY

Nory,
        "Bubble" balancing is static balancing, where the wheel isn't spun.
It uses a bubble in liquid, kind of like a carpenter's level, to
determine if the tire is balanced.  Generally not regarded as being a
accurate as dynamic "spin" balancing.  I personally have never seen a
static balancing setup in use, most places seem to have the "put in
on a hub and spin it" type balancers.
Scott