Re: Garage Layouts

To: boballen@sky.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Layouts
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:16:31 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-25 00:59:58 EDT, boballen@sky.net (Robert Allen)
writes:

> Someone was asking for tips on the best garage layouts. My Classic
>  Motorbooks catalog surfaced and I remembered they have, now, two books
>  on the subject. Both by David H. Jacobs.
>
>  "How to Design and Build Your Auto Workshop," 19.95, #119025AP
>
>  "Ultimate Auto Workshop Design & Planning," 19.95, #124328AP
>
>  The books are part of the 'Powerpro Series' which have usually been some
>  pretty good stuff. Their number is 800-826-6600. You can get the books
>  and report back if they're worth the money.

Bob:

I have both books, and in my humble opinion, they are not worth much. The
first is heavy on construction techniques, for a very specific situation, and
the second wastes a lot of space to reprint plans for storage components.
Neither book has much of what I wanted, which is ideas, hints, and layout
examples that I can use in my own shop/garage.

If any one is interested, I will sell both of them for half of what they are
going for from Classis Motorbooks, shipping included.

Dan Masters,
Atlanta, GA (for a few days)