Re: Re: MGA 1600MKII

To: SHedman123@aol.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, larry.g.unger@lmco.com,
Subject: Re: Re: MGA 1600MKII
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 20:41:00 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 10/5/97 6:00:47 AM, SHedman123@aol.com wrote:

<<No MK11 came with front drum brakes. Are you SURE it's a MK11? It may just
be
a grill replacement.>>

Drum brakes were only on 1500's which went out of production in 1959.
 However, many cars were not titled until they were sold, often years after
they were built.  My '57 MGA, for instance was built in February of 1957, but
is titled as a 1961.  I've thought of re-titleing it, but it just isn't worth
the bother.  Pick up Claussengers Origional MGA or another like book and you
may determine what your car really is.  (I know you could get that
information from any number of us, but you need your own library!)

Bob Shaw
'57 (61) A
Lincoln, NE