Re: Non-MG: Bad Grounds on 84 Chrysler

To: Carol <car@texas.net>
Subject: Re: Non-MG: Bad Grounds on 84 Chrysler
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 19:46:25 -0400 (EDT)
        Carol as far as the horn does the relay have three connections? If
so the #1 is probably the hot from the battery. Put a test lamp on it to
be sure. #3 probably goes to the horn just trace that wire and # 2 goes to
the horn button and ground.If you ground the #2 terminal the horn should
work. That is if the horn itself works which I think you said it did. If
you can get the horn to work by grounding #2 then either the button is bad
or the ground to the button is bad. If need be a new button could be
installed and mounted on the dash . As far as the lights go you could have
a short or bad ground without seeing a wiring diagram I'm in the dark;).
Make  sure that the battery has a full charge and the terminals are clean.
Do you have a digital volt meter and 12 volt test lamp with a probe?
...Art