Re: Newbie

To: Russell H Read <rread@vlint.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:08:40 +1000
At 04:27 pm 12/10/97 -0500, Russell H Read wrote:
>I have been lurking for some months now, while thinling of purchasing an
>MG. Well it happened this weekend, a red 69 MGB. It is in pretty good
>shape, but not perfect.
>My father and I rebuit a 67 B when I was in High School I got to drive it
>twice. That was a long time ago, and I was hoping to get some help with
>Books on restoring and work on them.
>THanks
>Russell Read
>Dallas TX
>69 MGB, Finnaly

Suggest you try and get a copy of Lindsay Porter's book, Guide to purchase
and DIY restoration of the MGB.  It is produced by Haynes.  For actually
working on the car I prefer the official factory Workshop Manual.  The part
number is AKD 4957.  There are a number of editions, of which the last was
5.  It is freely available here so you should be able to get it.  There is
another part number for the later rubbernose models.

regasrds,

Graham
97 MGF

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia