Re: Newbie

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:12:50 -0500

>   I'd take the shop (Bentley) manual anyday. The
> Haynes manual crams too much into too few pages. A
> typical example is the Midget manual which covers
> four decades. Too many times it says "early types
> shown, later similar" or "typical shown, may vary
> from year to year".

I have both and use both, studying the procedure
in each manual before attacking something.
Luckily (if you have a rubber bumper B), they
have their own manual (75-80).

snip...
>   The shop manual is also essential when it comes
> to emissions, it details yearly and regional changes
> properly. The Haynes manual just shows a picture
> with the parts labelled, and it covers a whole range
> of years so it's not exactly right for many cars.

Exactly...the "specifications" section in the Bentley
manual is very interesting (and lengthy).  Also all
the regular maintenance schedules and procedures
are detailed...very nice.

Get both!

Tyson