RE: This list being used for solicitations?

To: David Stecher <DavidAndMichelleS@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: This list being used for solicitations?
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Netters,

I have to agree with David on this one. I'm sure I'm not the only one that
Ed's helped out there and this forum is for more than just blathering on
about one'  day- not that any one of us do such a thing!

I am driving my MG today due to Ed's help and his products. I can
wholeheartedly suggest him as a parts source.

As for the wannabe net cops:

There is a certain mentality that is usually associated with petty
bureaucrats and similar minor functionaries (who I see a awful lot of in
academe!) that is best described as living for minor failings in others
while ignoring their own irritating behavior. I think the no solicitation
rule is best applied for the teenage girlie pix type of spam I'm sure we
are all sick of.

I concur with you Dave, lighten up Phillipe!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed, keep up the good work- and in the spirit, I hereby solicit on the
web. Ed, what do you have in the way of replacement rear leaf springs for
a 1970 MGB-GT? Also, the hardware to put them on- I suspect that my
originals are pretty damn near rust welded on!

While you are at it, what type of conversion apparatus do you recommend to
replace the rear lever shocks with modern tube shocks?

i On Tue,
14 Oct
1997, David Stecher wrote:

=%OGet over it Phillipe!!
=%O
=%OEd has never "aggressivly" solicitated anyone.  If he sees a problem he
helps.
=%O If he bennifits...great.  If he dosen't thats fine too.  I have never
bought
=%Oanythig from Ed, but I like knowing he's there.  If you cna't handle
=%Oit...leave.
=%O
=%OKeep up the good work Ed
=%O
=%O
=%ODave
=%O
=%O----------
=%OFrom:        owner-mgs@autox.team.net on behalf of PHILIPPE TUSLER
=%OSent:        Tuesday, October 14, 1997 3:22 PM
=%OTo:  MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM
=%OSubject:     Re: This list being used for solicitations?
=%O
=%O>From: JustBrits@aol.com
=%O Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 09:43:19 -0400 (EDT)
=%O To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
=%O Subject: Re: This list being used for solicitations?
=%O
=%O Phillipe:
=%O
=%O    I would suppose that I could be one of the 'car parts' "solicitations"
you
=%O are refering to.   The only 'porno' I could prob'ly think that might be
=%O pointed my way would be that I (as well as the rest of the list and anyone
=%O owning an LBC)
=%O guilty of is - self-inflected-punishment.
=%O
=%O    I answer questions and offer FREE advise to everybody on the list - I
=%O suggest you get a life !!  Discount offer
=%O                                                   R E T R A C T E D !!
=%O
=%O Regards,
=%O
=%O          Ed
=%O
=%O
=%O
=%O
=%OYes, Ed.  Actually you were one of those I was referring to.  The intent
=%Oof this list is to provide a forum for discussion, not an access for
=%Ocommercial ventures.  Much as I appreciate the offer, I must decline,
=%Oand request that you respect the charter of this list.  I'm sorry if
=%Oyou feel offended.
[...]
=%O*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
=%O*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
=%O*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*
=%O************************************************************************
=%O
=%O
=%O
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II