Re: Insurance Companies

To: AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Insurance Companies
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 22:29:02 EDT
On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:54:17 -0400 Adrian Jones
<AdrianJones@compuserve.com> writes:
>Ahoy Shipmates,
>
>Poor old Binky got rammed by a  big pick up truck.
>To cut a long story short, the other driver's insurance company  will
>not pick up the full tab because they claim the shop I took it to will
>charge more than the normal hourly rate.  (It is a British only shop)  I
had
>take it to two other body shops but they declined to work on it ("it's
not
>on the computer" and "we don't know what we would be getting into").
>
>Should I quit moaning and pay up ($90) or fight back?  The irksome
>thing is that the other driver was 100% at fault. =
>

>Regards,   Adrian

Adrian
Do you suppose that they would have had the same reaction if you had a
Mercedes?
Merc mechanics are expensive - would they insist you take it to a GM
dealer because
they are cheaper?-  I doubt it, since you have two alternate "refusals"
by other shops
it seems difficult to imagine that the inse co would have a problem with
your going
to the "right" place - however - inse cos are inse cos.......
If it is $90 in total its all a question of what your time is worth to
you - the principle is
on your side but is it wirth the hassle?
Where is your inse co in all this? - you pay then for more than just when
things are
your fault. call them and tell them that these people are jerking you
around -
they should act on your behalf.
alternatively, call the guy who hit you and tell him whats happening, if
hes a reasonable
type he should either call his insurer or stump up the cash himself - the
worst he can do
is tell you to go urinate vertically  upon twisted hemp!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster