RE: Carb Question

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@fly.HiWAAY.net>
Subject: RE: Carb Question
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:44:00 -0700 (PDT)
I don't have enough experience with SUs to give tuning advice but you are
basically dealing with two independent carbs which must be tuned to work
together. You might want to pick up a book on tuning SUs. I would definitely
try to fix your SU system as opposed to installing a Strom which is probably
in need of an overhaul being at least 17 years old. The reason your friend
installed the weber over the strom was to get some more power. Unless your
car was originally fitted with one you may find some emmission connection
points missing. SU people on the list may be able to give you typical price
breakdown for an overhaul of your SUs.

Describe the symptoms of your SU problem and perhaps someone can steer you
in the right direction or help you diagnose your problem. It may be
something simple...

Chris