RE: Redline Water Wetter (Singing praises of,)

To: "Nory" <Nory@webtv.net>, "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Redline Water Wetter (Singing praises of,)
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 97 18:54:53 UT
Nory,

Although I do not know the freezing temperature of Water Wetter I cannot
imagine that it will make your coolant freeze any faster than it would
normally.  As others have noted, water wetter reduces surface tension and
allows better heat dissipation but I don't see this as a problem when it comes
to freezing your block.  It may contribute to a lower running coolant
temperature in the winter (it supposedly lowers the running temperature by
about 20 degrees).  As I said, that 20 degrees was a major source for curing
my Cs overheating problem this past summer.  So unless you are having a
problem with high coolant temperature why even bother using it???  Of course,
if you do need to use it,  just include it with your regular coolant mix and
you will be afforded the same freezing protection.

Dr. Doug