Re: Frustration!

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Frustration!
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 20:23:13 +0000
Benjamin Ruset wrote:

> Slowly the car is starting to get to me. I (for a moment) questioned
> whether or not it was right for me to buy the car.
>
> ANYWAY -
>
> I replaced the coil, distributor, and ignition - installed a Luminition.
> Still no dice. I get 12v on either side of the coil (both old and new
> ones). Ignition wire is not sending spark, and when I connected a test lamp
> to the + side of the Luminition, I got nothing. I am at my wits end, and
> will probably have to go through therapy! Any ideas as to why this bloody
> thing won't go?
>
> Answers to questions you may ask:
>
> Yes, it cranks.
> Yes, the battery is at full charge.
> Yes, fuel pump works.

Try going back to points only and check the points side of the coil when
cranking.  You should see 6 - 9v.  If you still see 12v your points are not
doing what they should do, which is to connect and disconnect a ground to
that side of the coil.  Will also check if the Lumenition is at fault.

PaulH.