Re: MGA in garage for the winter

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA in garage for the winter
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 08:22:37 -0400
If I remember correctly, the test was that true LBCers should have problems
putting up their tops since they should hardly ever do so and thus not be
practiced.

I take the opposite tack (!). I run topless all the time, even in light
rain, even in the cold (34 deg F this morning on the way to work). So, when
I HAVE to put up the top (e.g., it's really puring or my wife wants it up
-- no comments BobAllen)), it's practically an emergency. Hence, I've
actually practiced putting it up in the privacy of my own garage. After
all, a British car driver/owner should always appear smooth and confident,
no matter the task at hand.

Jeff

>       I stand corrected:). I put my top up the other day (since we had 9
>inches of snow and figured it's the end). I am happy to report that it
>took at least 15 minutes, the same it would have taken a new owner 40
>years ago. You remember the test I suggested a while ago to determine if a
>person should own a LBC.
>...Art

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision