Re: Exercize

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exercize
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:58:33 -0500
J. Neil Doane wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Tom Buchanan wrote:
>
> > A little exercize for you listers. If you were going to take a 3000 mile
> > trip in your MGB, what parts would you take with you???
> > Tom Buchanan
> > buchanan@preferred.com
> > http://www.preferred.com/~buchanan/index.html
> > 1974 MGB-GT

I concur with the comments on the need for driving these cars daily.
I have been driving on or the other of my British cars to work
every day (during the non-snow months) for six years.  Two years ago,
on the day of our first snow fall, I left my MGB in the garage and
drove my '86 VW to work.  It had been a warm dry summer and fall
and I had probably put no more than a few hundred miles on the VW
since the previous spring.  On the way to work, the VW blew out a
CV joint and left me stranded by the side of the road.

The tow truck driver dropped me off an work and I had not been there
more than a few minutes when my wife called.  "Can you give
me a quick lesson on how to start the MG?", she asked.
It seems that her Buick had a dead battery.

So there we were, four cars and the only ones which were running were
the MG and the Healey.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net