RE: Purchase of new MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, simon_matthews@avanticorp.com
Subject: RE: Purchase of new MGA
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:04:35 -0600
Simon:

Congratulations on your new purchase.  We fellow MGA custodians complement
you on letting good taste win out over peer pressure and add "the high
water mark of MG design" to your family.

You will find that we MGA people are, as a rule, more fun, smarter, and
more handsome than the rest of the list members.  You will also find that
we tend to be unfairly persecuted by the owners of newer machinery who have
yet to be fully understand the MGA's position at the zenith of our marque's
history.  I hate to think it of such a noble group but this behavior could
be driven by that base emotion jealousy.  As a member of our elite group,
you must do your best to humour these poor souls and continue, in subtle
ways, to enlighten them on the true path.

So congratulations again on your choice in motoring companions but above
all take to heart the following advice.  MGA's were meant to be driven and
the great spirits of MG, Kimber, MOWOG, and Lucas the dark prince, look
down upon those who polish more than drive and will smite the heathens who
trailer their charges to car shows.  Their wrath knows no bounds so you
would do well to drive the MGA whenever the opportunity arises.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA presently enshrined in the garage awaiting the retreat of the evil
salt demons.