Body and Paint

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Body and Paint
From: "Murch, Paul" <murch@y-city.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 22:21:02 -0400
Two topics in one night!  I have been working on the body of my
pull-handle 64-65 and am getting close to actually seeing results.  The
car is stripped.  I currently have front and rear ends under the car but
they are going to go and I am going to flip my bod and prep the bottom
(There is a web page writen by a guy who shows plans on a DIY gig). I
have the car mostly stripped of paint and an Eastwood leading kit on the
way (hopefully I will use no bondo).  I now have a bare unibody.

Questions:
I want to paint/protect the areas not usually exposed (ex. underbody,
wheel wells, fire wall, wheel arches.  What is the best way to do this?
I want to paint the car with hood, fenders, trunk lid etc. on but need
to protect the rest.

I have the car to bare metal.  What is the best way of priming it?  I
bought a new hood and It has a black high build primer.  Can this be
duplicated at home?  By a shop?

Any used body solder? Tricks?  Suggestions?

Paul Murch
65 B  (stripping for paint)
89 CRX 160k and counting (150mi/day commuter)
88 RX-7 convertable (waiting to be retired by the MG)
94 Miata (wifes car, not *that* bad)

4 two seat cars, no room for the mother in law!