Re: Body and Paint

To: "Murch, Paul" <murch@y-city.net>
Subject: Re: Body and Paint
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 06:49:13 -0800
Hey Paul:

Have you ever heard of Corroless?  Its sold by the Eastwood Company
(1.800.345.1178/www.eastwoodco.com).  It is actually a rust stabilizer
that has received national and international awards as a rust
preventative product.  It is also enviornmentally responsible and has
been used for 30 years on off-shore oil rigs in the North Sea.

What I like about it is that it takes minimal surface prep, you just
have to get rid of oil and grease, then use a wire brush to get rid of
any other loose stuff!  I have used Corroless on several MGB and MGA
project cars.  Granted, I don't have a 30 year trial period under my
belt, but I have a lot more confidence that this will wok than using
some "cheapie" spray can of stuff!  I have no financial interest (darn!)
in Eastwood, although I find myself promoting them all the time!

Also, FWIW, I built a MGB "rotisserie" several years ago for turning a B
upside down.  Can only use it with engine and trans out of the car.
Works great!  You're welcome to borrow it if you're in the Northern CA
area!  It bolts to the car using the stock bumper brackets and makes for
a very secure arrangement!

Good Luck and Cheers,
Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components