Re: Web rings - MGs needed!

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Web rings - MGs needed!
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 17:16:47 -0500
>Ok guys.  I am able to create a webring if you want.  All I need is an idea
>of what you want.  Do you want one for all MGs (As, Bs, etc...), or do you
>want one split up into different models?  I believe that putting them all
>together will be the best course of action as it will boost numbers.

Well, my site is devoted to B's, but I made the ring up as "The MG Car
Ring" so, I guess it includes them all. =)

>Also, does someone already have one created?  If so, we all need to know
>about it, and how to join.  This will give higher visibility along with
>higher numbers.  Ben, do you have an actual webring establised?  If so, what
>is the URL?

I have one registered, and with all the buzz about it, I'll probably get it
online tonight, or at the latest, Wednesday. The homepage for the ring will
be http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis , which is my MGB site.

>I think that the best thing to really do is to put all models under one
>webring. There's just not really a ton of sites out there related to one
>particular model, but with all models under one webring will be a lot
>better, and it will not leave anyone out.

I agree with you. The ring can splinter off into other groups, but right
now we need everyone to get a nice sized one.

>If you all like, I will undertake this task.  Or if you, Ben, would like to
>expand yours and continue ownership, you may.  Just let me know.  :)

Well, I've got it started, but I'm willing to work with people. As I said
in an earlier mail, it's for the benefit of everybody. If we want to start
it as model specific, then I can always change mine to The B ring and let
other people work with the other models. If people want to join my ring,
and work with me on it, then great. Either way, it's not really up for me
to decide.

Let me know --

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
Safety Fast! - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
^^^ MGB Website - now taking submissions
Crossroads   - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
^^^ Personal Homepage