Re: Poor Souls (kinda MG)

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Poor Souls (kinda MG)
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 19:17:15 -0800
On the subject of low riders, my ex- sister in laws son had converted his
truck to a low rider.  On his trip back from Las Vegas he hit a rock and
holed the Oil pan something serious.  Given that it was a "modern" vehicle
and only equiped with idiot lights (you know those devices that "warn" you
only after disaster has struck), he was driving merrily along until the
engine seized.

Greg

At 08:15 PM 12/10/97 -0800, Mike Lishego wrote:
>Kai Radicke wrote:
>>
>> Well today...
>>
>> (opinionated and useless email, read at your own will)
>>
>> I was reading MG World in History and English class (I had the time, and we
>> weren't doing anything) and before I knew it I had accumulated a mass of
>> car lovers around me...this is not a good thing, because 2 out of the 3 (OK
>> not a mass) made fun of the MGs, and they even went so low to call them
>> "Porsches", and then one commented that they were Porsche rip-offs there
>> fore they are "Corsches" (I don't know, I still don't get that).  That was
>> History class...
>
>Don't feel bad...they probably drive low-rider trucks that stall when they
hit
>puddles going over 30mph.  I used to wonder why I never saw them in
serious hi-way
>travel until I saw an acquaintance rip off his air dam on a pothole at
45mph...Just
>remember: "Friends don't let friends drive low-riders."
>

>Michael S. Lishego - Loyal MGB owner by choice, not by chance
>St. Andrews Presbyterian College
>Elementary Education Major,
>English Minor, Class of 1999
>R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats