MGB Aftermarket Fuel Pump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Aftermarket Fuel Pump
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:51:53 EST
I just discovered that my B has one of those "solid-state"
fuel pumps. It's just a small cube with a power transistor
case on the top side. This thing is noisy and never stops.
Is this normal operation? (The electric SU pumps I'm used to
stop when the bowls are full.) Are these things any good?
The PO mounted the thing in the right rear wheel well, doesn't
seem like a good place to me!

BTW, anybody know how these things work? I can't
imagine how anything so small could do the work
of the the big SU.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336