Re: MGB Covers

To: "Bob MGT" <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB Covers
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 97 12:40:20 -0500
> > Listers,
> > I know I asked about this before, but does anyone have any suggestions for
>a good, "fitted" cover for an MGB? Vicky Brit is the only one I've seen them
>in of all the catalogs I have. Any suggestions? If I buy the MGB I'm looking
>at, immediate protection will be a concern! >>
>
>I have the Technalon model from Moss. It fits very nicely and has a couple
>eyelets that you can tie together with a cord under the car. I use a bungie
>cord for this and it keeps the sides of the cover nice and taunt. The
>Technalon material is not completely waterproof, which I find disapponting.
>All the covers I've seen claim to breath, which is short for not waterproof.
>This is probably a good thing if you're putting the cover over a wet car, but
>not so good for keeping the car dry in a rain storm. Oh, it does a good
>job at
>keeping morning dew and frost off. But, after a hard rain storm the MGB
>actually stays wet longer than my uncovered sedan! Does anybody make a
>completely waterproof cover? If they did would I like it? I can't put it
>in my
>garage because it only holds one car and the TD has seniority.
>
>Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
>EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
>52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
>71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336
OK I'll bite. How, when you put a cover on the car do you handle the
antenna? I have a cover for the Midget that I used for several years.
Then wthis last spring when I got it runnin' again I have not used the
cover 'cuz I put the antenna back in and am not sure about cutting a hole
in the cover for it to go over the spike. Well, what would you say?

Larry Macy
78 Midget