Re: More BS(FC) or That's the brakes

To: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: More BS(FC) or That's the brakes
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 12:03:37 -0500
Hi Dan and List:

I drive an MGB with overdrive.  It is always a relief to me to engage the
OD and let the engine relax.  I grew up driving mostly lazy, slow-revving
American engines.  I have also owned one of nearly every kind of engine
ever put in a car and most motorcycles as well.  I understand high-revving
power output and am not afraid to run a Honda at 10,000rpm or a Cadillac at
1,000.  I appreciate the the sophistication of DOHC engines and own many.
I enjoy the growl of a big V8 and the scream of a tiny four.  However, when
the time comes to point the nose down the highway for hours on end, I want
a quiet easy-revving engine with lots of torque and no fuss.  An MGB in OD
and a Cadillac Eldorado have a lot in common in this respect.  And has you
have said Dan, "If we worried about gas mileage we wouldn't drive MGs".  I
would second that and add that gasoline is still the cheapest part of the
hobby.

John