Re: Suspension ban in the works?!!!

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Suspension ban in the works?!!!
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 14:31:52 -0800
I figure they got tired of having problems with 4X4 trucks jacked up way
out of reality, and mini trucks etc dragging on the ground, but instead of
saying "don't raise your truck so the body is above the axles or lower your
car so the body is below the lowest point of the wheel rims" (as many
states do already)  they took the easy way out..."JUST DON'T TOUCH IT
EVER!"

Somewhat typical I would say.  When California passed it's smog law, it was
written so that if you modified your car so it would produce HALF the
emissions...you would fail the smog test (based on the 'visual' inspection)
We must remember, these are lawmakers, and they don't know their arse from
a tailpipe.

Stay vigilant, but don't become a 'vigilante'

CTP