RE: Suspension ban in the works?!!!

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Suspension ban in the works?!!!
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 21:37:08 -0800
The problem I have with such broad language in legislation is that it tends
to pretty broadly applied.  Does Colorado have a periodic vehicle safety
inspection?  If so you may find your tube shock converted car now fails
inspection.  Yes teh jacked up truck and low-rider crowd will probably get
the brunt of it.  But if the problem is unsafe modifications, then the law
needs to target unsafe modifications, not all Modifications.

I am reminded of a friend's bug that would not pass California emisions
testing because the emisions control system had been modified.  The
modifications actually made the car run much cleaner, but hey, making the
car cleaner was a modification, ergo he failed the "visual".

Bad laws specify the method ofr getting a given result, method, good laws
target the result, and leave the method up to you and I.  This kind of
regulation encourages innovation, the other kind kills it.

Greg

Greg

At 04:08 PM 1/2/98 -0600, DANIEL RAY wrote:
>Seems to me, from an enforcement point of view, the obvious victims of
this legislation would be the 4x4 and lowrider crowd! I doubt anyone in a
RB B or Midget which was lowered for better handling would have to worry.
One never knows, though, and to me, any new legislation is bad legislation!
>Just my $.02
>Dan

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats