Re: Worst GM engine (no lbc)

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Worst GM engine (no lbc)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Mere)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 15:01:10 -0500
Hi Scott and Listers:

If we are going to do "oneupmanship" on GM engines there are several far
better candidates than any you have mentioned.

How about:

The 216 "Stovebolt" - babbit bearings, splash lubrication, feeble endurance
The Vega/Astre 140 - aluminum block, silicon cylinder walls, obsessive oil user
The 4.9 L Turbo TramsAm - determined self-destruction
The 1.8 L J-car four - desperately underpowered

The list goes on, however the point of the whole thing is that I was
enquiring about engines which could serve as interesting replacements for
the MGB 1800 - if I felt like making some kind of LBC Rod.  I thank those
of you who are responding and keep the suggestions and ideas coming.

John McEwen

The arrival of winter after 2 months of El Nino has made me speculative.