Re: MGs in the city...

To: mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: MGs in the city...
From: mil76@juno.com (John I Miller)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:10:43 -0700
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998 18:20:08 -0500 "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net> writes:
>Would anyone have any input about their MGs and using them in a large
city?
>Anything on car-jackings, break-ins/stolen MGs, and parking/traffic
would be great.

Kai,
I had my B in Philadelphia for 6 years from 86-92  Three years were spent
in North Philly at Temple University.  I know you are from somewhere
outside of Philadelphia, so you know what North Philly is like.  I also
spent a year in South Philly by South Street and a year in the Art Museum
area.  I parked the car on the street and never had a problem, and it was
great at getting into parking spots that other cars could only dream of.
 I had a soft top on it and drove top-down through areas I wouldn't walk
through and most summer nights I just parked it with the tonneau on it.
There were probably only  about two or three times where someone opened
the tonneau to see if there was anything worth stealing.  I had a
pull-out radio, and always clubbed the steering wheel.  I also had it in
LA for two years with no problems and I now live in Denver (although I
don't know if we can consider Denver a "large" city).   The great thing
about these cars is that they are virtually worthless to thieves.  As
long as you don't leave anything of value to thieves in it like a radio
or bookbag, they're just fine in a big city.

John Miller
76 MGB
97 Altima
95 Pathfinder