Re: The 2004 MGG!!! -Reply

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: The 2004 MGG!!! -Reply
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:08:25 EST
On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:58:24 -0500 mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John
McEwen) writes:(snips)
MG carried on its letters but deleted two.  Chrysler deleted the letter I
because of possible confusion with the number 1 and finished with the
L.

>John McEwen

MG didnt delete the "D" and the "E" they were prototypes - someone posted
their full stories a couple of months ago, it might bear repeating -
though personally i lost thee info in one of my monthly computer crashes
(you cant change the core through the front of those either!)

Going forward my guess is that MGG is dead on the vine due to the horsey
connotation and with the interruption, i would think it quite possible
that any future models will get away from lettering altogether unless it
goes to the other end of the alphabet, X for example - put a fiver on a
"named" MG from me

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT