Re: Heater removal

To: michael j robson <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Heater removal
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:50:24 -0800
Mike,

I took the time last night to practice the procedure on my parts car.
It's actually not that big a pain to remove the entire heater assembly,
certainly not when compared to the rear end, indeed!  I think on a '67
its a piece of cake compared to later cars too.

The good news is that I'm not even certain if the heater core is bad yet
or not. Could be the valve.  I'll find out when I flush the radiator
this weekend and try blowing our the core with some compressed air.

As for seals, we've been messing with a wide variety of rubber
gasketing, weather stripping, felt and other materials to act as a shock
mount in a  new product we're developing, so there's a ton of sealing
material all over the office.  I think I'm set!

Cheers,

Andy

--

Andy Ramm
A silver face in a tweed world.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C) and
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement
to this equipment.  A violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
is greater, for each violation.