Re: New Member Intro

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject: Re: New Member Intro
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 98 09:42:42 -0000
On 19/1/98 6:04 am Sean Bartnik said

>And of course, the question you knew was coming -- are Lucas electricals
>really THAT bad??? :-)  If so, why?
>I'm sure you've all heard the jokes many times, so I won't repeat them
>here :-) .

Welcome to madness! :-)

No, there's nothing wrong with Lucas electrics, it's just an ugly rumour
started by your fellow Americans :-) Seriously though, I'd say the
problem in most cases is a combination of age and dodgy
repairs/modifications done by previous owners. You couldn't find a car
with simpler electrics than an MGB. If you know your positives from your
negatives, you'll be fine.

Have fun!

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk