Re: Clutch was REALLY stuck...

To: Matt.Kulka@hboc.com
Subject: Re: Clutch was REALLY stuck...
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:01:09 -0600 (CST)
:
:>Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com> 01/18/98 11:15am
:>I don't have a clutch alignment tool that fits this car so I may
:>have to wait until Monday night to put it back together.
:
:I keep seeing this sort of message about clutch alignment tools.  Am I
:the only one in America who's never bought one of these things?  Maybe
:this is another one for Barney's "Grapes of Wrath" file.

No, I'm pretty sure my wife has never bought one of these :-)

I thought about doing several things along those lines (after all the
firsttime you depress the clutch pedal the clutch will align itself).  I
found a univeral alignment tool at AutoZone and used it.  It is
basically a rod with one end threaded.  There are different sized rods
that thread on this end to accomadate the various pilot bushing hole
sizes and a tapered "thingy" (highly technical, eh?) that slides up and
down the rod.  This works just fine.  I didn't want to rig up some
device since it's usually hard enough getting the tranny and block to
mate without adding one more thing to bind up.

BTW, The car is running great.  I think there is really something wrong
though....  No oil leaks.  I keep checking and there is still oil in it.

:
:
:Matt Kulka
:'74 B - my first MG, not my first clutch replacement.
:
:
: