Re: to blast or not to blast

To: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: to blast or not to blast
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:36:45 -0500
Enrique-

I am assuming that you are discussing a rebuild of the engine.  A very
important step in this process is having the block hot-tanked - it goes
into a chemical bath to boil out the old dirt and corrosion in the oil and
water passages, and ensures a clean block to begin inspection or
reassembly.  This process will also remove all the old paint.

Regards,

Chris Delling