Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car (Another long Post)

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car (Another long Post)
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 98 08:44:20 -0000
On 5/2/98 2:28 am Mike Lishego said

>> Without VAT, an MGF 1.8i costs around =A314,700, while the more =
powerful VVC is
>about =A317,000. You will need to add air-con at =A31000.
>
>       Whoa!!!  What's this 'you *will* need to add air-con' stuff?!?  =
(Emphasis
>mine)  A convertible shouldn't even be OFFERED with AC!  Whadaya think
>that vinyl
>thing is over your head?  It sure ain't a sunscreen!
>       Just kidding Phil...8-)  You should've known you were gonna get flamed =
for
>starting an A/C in a convertible thread!

Tee hee. I thought AC was considered essential in the US with your =
weather. Interestingly, we've been having unusually hot summers here =
and AC is becoming very popular - many manufacturers are offering it =
as standard, whereas it was always an extra before.

I remember being in Texas a few years ago, and was far too hot to =
drive an open car! Hey, they'd probably execute you for it ;-)

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk