Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car (Another long Post)

To: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car (Another long Post)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:23:39 -0500
Hi Phil:

I for one would be happy to comply with your instruction to "drive one".
Please have is shipped to my address here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and
I'll arrange to have it shipped on to some of my counterparts here and then
on to Calgary and then in due time to fellow listers in the south -
starting with Montana from whence it should circulate to the rest of them.
In about 5 years we should have a definitive opinion about the merits of
the F by which time of course, its replacement will be out and we will be
forced to conduct a similar evaluation.

On a more serious note, can you tell me what the price of a new F is - less
VAT - and can can you included some idea of the cost of optional equipment
if there is much?  I assume that the car may have a "base" price and they
an "equipped" price.  I am curious to see if "normal" folks could afford to
buy one.  Note that the average gross family income in Canada at the
current rate of exchange is =A322,700 or $38,000 US.  I wonder how many of u=
would qualify for a loan or lease for what used to be an "affordable" car?

John McEwen