Re: Dazed and confused in the north

To: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Dazed and confused in the north
From: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 11:16:17 -0800
Hi Pat - yes there are some US made parts for British cars - the
first that comes to mind are the leather interiors that Moss makes
up.  Canada Customs seems to be most interested in what car the
parts are going to end up on, although I think a case could be
made for your argument.  Probably all it would take is a challenge
after one has paid the duty and for many thousands of dollars a
lawyer could be retained who could end up with a reserved decision
that in a few years you might win.  Your other point that you should
only have to pay the duty on their cost will not fly - I don't think
there are many manufacturers or distributors willing to admit their
costs to an end user.

Cheers,
\
Len Drake