Re: Dazed and confused in the north

To: pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: Dazed and confused in the north
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 20:21:16 -0500 (EST)
************************************
Bloody well right!!  I have had to ask both Moss and VB to send by surface
mail to avoid the outrageous U** handling fee.  In fact, and to their
credit, when Moss shipped by U** in error and were notified by me, they
swallowed the cost and reshipped.  Another point worth mentioning is that
our over zealous customs people frequently charge duty on a package that
is clearly marked "Antique Auto Parts" and state the 25 year exclusion.
Of course you can obtain a refund by sending in the shipping form to
Revenue Canada. My understanding is that the standard processing fee for
such requests is in the area of $200,when all is said and done!  As a
somewhat foolish patriot I seldom send in refund requests for this reason.
In my mind, the cost of processing should be taken out of the salary of
the moron who does not know what he/she is doing but however is still paid
to do it just the same!  In any event, we are still required to pay the
hated GST.

Eric
> >(and there
shouldn't be any >> duty).

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;