Re: Was some legal mumbo jumbo but is now "Most Bizarre Suicide"

To: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Subject: Re: Was some legal mumbo jumbo but is now "Most Bizarre Suicide"
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 16:02:41 -0800
John J. Peloquin wrote:

> Dear Netters,
>
> The veracity of this story is, IMHO, open to question, as it is the plot
> of a recent episode of my favorite television show, "Homicide" from a few
> weeks back.

        John speaks much truth, dear listers.  I enjoy lurking on the urban
legends -
folklore newsgroup, and this story came under fire several weeks ago.  It turns
out,
this story can be traced to leagal textbooks as a "what if?"  question posed to
aspiring lawyers.  So you see, our dear friend Mr. Opus is nothing more than
the pet
of some lawyer somewhere...But aren't we all?  8-)

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College