Re: Jingoism at its best

To: "Robert J. Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: Jingoism at its best
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 07:57:38 -0800 (PST)
Oops,
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Robert J. Carley wrote:

=%OTsk, tsk!  We could all make that statement about each other's flags,
=%Ocouldn't we?

A number of years ago, the Canadian flag was flown upside down at a world
series game in the US. All I can say was it was US Marines who flew the
flag- and they probably were not told which way to fly it. Thus, there is
a 50% chance they would get it wrong. Although, I do find it hard to
believe that the proper direction of the maple leaf wasn't obvious!

=%O
=%ORobert Carley
=%OOntario, Canada
=%O'The Maple Leaf Forever' :-)
=%O
=%O
=%O
=%O
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II