Better, or Different

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Better, or Different
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:17:42 EST
<<Sometimes it gets so silly, I almost feel like type Triumph
over and over again.  What is it with the Marque snobbery?
I mean, considering what most LBC types do with their cars,
just what is it that makes an MG better than a TR?  I mean,
do people with the Octagon just polish the car better?

I can just see it at the show:

"Well, I spent more money, have more original chrome, and well
just shine better than that TR guy!">>

Marque rivalry is just that - silly. But isn't that what little kids in the
schoolyard, and big nations do to each other all the time?
I have enough different kinds of cars that I haven't for a number of years had
any problem with admitting their various flaws, but tell a typical immature
(mentally) owner that his car isn't as fast, as good looking, or as anything
else as someone else's car, and it's like like telling him that he's lousy in
bed, or he's ugly or some other personal insult.
I'm afraid that unless everyone suddenly grows up (I think you'll agree an
unlikely prospect), we will have to continue to tolerate puerile attitudes,
something that, at times, annoys me as much as it apparently does you.

Bill S.
Lots of cars
few illusions