Buying MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buying MGB
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 10:50:51 EST
<<The car's history is known. Seller seems to be a very knowledgeable,
ethical person with multiple B's in the garage. Probably available for
about $1500.  I'd really appreciate any and all comments and/or
suggestions/flames, etc.  I've decided that I want to restore a pre-smog
roadster for daily driver duties by May '99, but without torch work.  It
looks as if Lazarus (my TD) may lose his 'only-child' status after all.>>

Good choice! The later Rubber bumper cars are unsightly as well as ungainly.
The best of the early cars is arguably the 68 with the all synch trans, but
before smog took hold, although anything before single carb is OK. Personally,
I prefer the non-synch trans, of which the 67-68 version with 4 bearing larger
(stronger) layshaft is the best.
Some like the 3 main cars, but we are in a bit of a minority.
All in all, a 67 is a pretty good choice.

Bill S.