Re: Buying MGB

To: Dimitri Kluyskens <Dimitri.Kluyskens@rug.ac.be>
Subject: Re: Buying MGB
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 11:17:39 -0500 (EST)
You should get a copy of Porters book on buying and restoring the MGB it
will give you all the advice you could ever use. The main thing to look
out for is rust in the sills. British Miles advertises $995 per side for
the sills and floor. This is money better spent on the mechanics or
interior. As far as the MGA or MGC being better I can't say much about the
MGC...so I won't say anything. The MGA IMHO is the car to get if you want
something easy to work on, gets lots of thumbs up, and will increase in
value. The MGB on the other hand is a more refined car and the parts are
somewhat cheaper. The earlier the car the easier to work on. What ever you
get expect to become  a mechanic and love it. If not you will regreat the
purchase.
...Art