"Color Back" Experience

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "Color Back" Experience
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 13:52:03 -0600
Thought I'd share my weekend work experience today:
Someone mentioned having good success with Turtle Wax's "Color Back" a few
days ago, so I bought some and gave it a try. I also had some TW polishing
compound laying around...
For those of you who want to spruce up a finish that may be as far gone as
mine, I'd say give the Color Back a shot. I made little headway with the
polishing compound, but the Color Back stuff obviously has a "petroleum
distillate", as it says on the can, that does the same thing chemically
(like paint thinner), as evidenced by the orange (Blaze) that came off on
the rag when I used it. It contains wax too, so it puts back some shine too.
The Color Back made a difference with little effort.
WARNING:  this is not a product for those with new or near-new finishes!!!
This is just a "quick-fix" for a "10 feet and beyond" car like mine.
Combined with my touch-up paint, its looking a whole lot better.

Dan
'73 B
Little by Little....one step at a time!