Re: Happy Days are here again

To: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Happy Days are here again
From: Hert <hert@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:30:58 +0100
The essence of Holland is: moral freedom but you have to pay for
it. A lot is permitted as long as you don't harm anybody else and
don't mind egalitarian tendencies. Sort of liberal calvinism.

And to add to Bert Palte's remarks: the oil-companies keep a
common front on the pricing side, they rather compete with
loyalty programs. It has finally occurred to the government that
the price fluctuations are orchestrated so an investigation with
possible legal consequences has been started. I doubt we'll ever
hear of it again.

We don't revolt. We don't riot. We rather watch TV.

Peter den Hertog
74B, also running 1 in 8