Re: Happy Days are here again

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Happy Days are here again
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:00:49 EST
Tom,
  One should hope that you wouldn't.  Prices here in the Nutmeg State of
Connecticut ranged, in my area yesterday, from unbranded at $1.139 to
1.26.9.  At the Texaco, $1.219 where I shopped, there was a new sticker
on the pump that said CT taxes were 40 cents and US taxes 13 cents.
Bob

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998 22:12:36 EST Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com> writes:
>In a message dated 98-03-04 22:09:33 EST, bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com
>writes:
>
><<
> This is probably a brief moment, but I just passed on the way home
>tonight
> a corner where two gas stations were having a price war! To the young
>and
> uninitiated, this is something I haven't seen in 25 years or more.
>These
> two stations were selling unleaded regular for $.84 a gallon!. Thats
>full
> service here in New Jersey. Most stations this week are selling
>unleaded
> regular at about $.97 (full service, cash or credit. )
>
> If you figure inflation, that s like$.25 a gallon in pre 1970
>dollars. How
> long will it last!
>  >>
>Mike,
>    I won't mention the $.78/gallon that is now common North of
>Atlanta-oops!
>
>Tom Green

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]