Re: Happy Days are here again

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Happy Days are here again
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 98 21:42:41 -0000
On 10/3/98 7:54 pm Paul Hunt said

>Not according to Vauxhall, apparently.  Watchdog (UK TV consumer program)
>reported that quite a few people (only women were featured, interestingly)
>are
>having trouble with valves coking up on new 16v engines.  Vauxhalls
>response was
>'You are not driving the cars hard enough and you shouldn't use
>supermarket fuel'.
>I wonder how much development time is devoted to the typical 'pottering a
>few miles
>across town to work once a day and back' and the 'once yearly fully laden
>thrash
>down the M6 to Cornwall and back' as opposed to race tracks, deserts and
>Arctic.
>Not nearly as interesting, I suppose.

IMHO. Vauxhall are talking out of their backsides. I always use
supermarket fuel whether I'm driving an MG, Porsche or just some Eurobox
and it's fine. Who'd buy a Vauxhall anyway? ;-)

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk