Re: Happy Days are here again

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Happy Days are here again
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 98 08:29:31 -0000
On 10/3/98 7:39 pm Scott Gardner said

>I'm not sure what "supermarket" gas is, since here in the states, gas
>is about the ONLY thing our supermarkets DON'T sell.  I have been
>having a weird experience with some no-name convenience-store gas
>lately.  I live about 100 yards from a "crown" gas
>station/convenience store, and their gasoline smells horrible!  It
>almost has the same effect on my sinuses as ammonia.  I also don't
>seem to get the same mileage when using it compared to Exxon (Esso)
>or Chevron.  Is this the new "reformulated" gasoline I've been
>hearing about?  It doesn't say anything on the pump, but I don't know
>if that means anything.

Most big supermarkets in the UK have filling stations. It makes sense:
they've got the space and most are in prime out-of-town sites. Because
they're not paying extra for the land, they can afford to undercut
traditional outlets.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk